Thursday 27 August 2009

Beach Art - Benidorm, Spain

The beach at Benidorm stretches for miles along the coastline. The sand is clean and pebble free. In August when I was there, the beach was lined with sun parasols and loungers for the many tourists seeking some sun and let me tell you it was hot (temps of 35+).

When I visited, my friend and I went for a walk along the beach and came across some beach art.

I have never seen such an impressive sandcastle as this one!

Further along the beach was a horse and foal made out of sand but unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it. The horse and foal beach art was very impressive, the artists had even marked out the veins of the horse.

The beach artists kept their artwork from collapsing by having water misters on it.

The beach art was certainly a sight that I hadn't expected to see on the beach at Benidorm, but certainly worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment